Our research has been generously supported through the following research grants:
- 2/2016 – 1/2021: Principal Investigator, CAREER: Algorithms for Domain-Level Analysis of Gene Family Evolution. National Science Foundation, USA.
- 8/2016 – 8/2020: Principal Investigator, Understanding Horizontal Gene Transfer in Bacteria and Archaea: Units of Transfer and Modes of Integration. National Science Foundation, USA.
- 8/2016 – 7/2020: Co-principal Investigator (PI: Ion Mandoiu), Collaborative Research: Algorithmic Techniques for Inferring Transmission Networks from Noisy Sequencing Data. National Science Foundation, USA.
- 9/2016 – 8/2020: Principal Investigator, Collaborative Research: Integrating the geological and genomic records: time-calibrating Earth’s dynamic biogeochemical history. National Science Foundation, USA.
- 8/2013 – 7/2016: Start-up funds. University of Connecticut, USA.